Dr. Pirnazar uses the DIAGNOdent Laser Assisted Dental Cavity Detector to evaluate and monitor suspicious areas of the teeth...
Dr Pirnazar offers his patients the DIAGNOdent, a high-tech, Laser caries detection device. The DIAGNOdent is a digital diagnostic device that aids in making treatment decisions with confidence. Unlike traditional diagnostic methods, such as using the conventional explorer or dental pick, DIAGNOdent is an extremely accurate and reliable adjunct for the detection of subsurface caries. It removes the guesswork that accompanies many treatment decisions regarding questionable areas, such as stained or discoloured grooves. Moreover, in areas where the cavities are small enough to warrant remineralization procedures, the DIAGNOdent numerical readings can be used to objectively determine the decay process.
Benefits of DIAGNOdent to BabyTeeth Patients
- Provides the use of minimally invasive treatments without unnecessary preparation – ideal adjunct to our laser dentistry protocol.
- For the first time, allows the objective determination and quantification of caries activity over time with a precise and reliable measurement.
- Reproducible results permit checking, stabilization and documentation of caries.
- Is conservative by avoiding “exploratory” excavation of suspect teeth.
- Extremely accurate diagnostic aid. Proven to be over 90% accurate.
- Early detection of pathological changes that are undiagnosed by conventional examination methods (e.g. initial lesions, demineralization and changes in the enamel, fissure caries).
- No scratching probe: simple, fast and painless examination.
- Increases patient confidence about treatment decisions due to accurate visual and acoustic representation of measured values.
- No x-ray exposure.